Saturday, June 8, 2013

Book #15

The Babe & I by David A. Adler.

Being a lifelong Indiana resident and an Indiana University graduate, I love cheering on my beloved Hoosiers in all sports (especially basketball).  I have been amazed at how well the IU baseball team has performed this season.  They are making history as I type.  They are winning and reaching far into the post-season (farther than ever before).  

With baseball on my mind, I had to read a baseball themed book.  However, I love this book more for it's setting, New York during the Great Depression.  It has fascinated me how people survived during those difficult times.  This book demonstrates how heroes, like Babe Ruth, gave these struggling people hope and enjoyment during sad, sad times.  

So, here's to America's favorite pastime, happier times, and the Hoosiers!  Go IU!